Carpets are undoubtedly the best additions to the interior of your house. It adds comfort as well as warmth to the interior of the house. But have you ever faced the problem of spilling tomato sauce on the carpet? This can be a real nightmare for household owners. If you are wondering how to get tomato sauce out of carpet, then you are at the right place. Getting the tomato sauce stains out of the carpet is not that easy, but you can follow some of these steps to get it out.
How to Get Tomato Sauce out of Carpet
Carpet cleaning is necessary because it helps your floors last longer. With the help of the steps below, it will be easier for you to get the tomato sauce out of the carpet. Here are some methods that you can try to remove the tomato sauce with.
As soon as you notice the tomato sauce stain on the carpet, you have to act instantly. Here are some of the steps that you have to follow.
- Use a clean cloth or a sponge completely soaked in cold water. Now, sponge the stain and work from the outside in.
- Take a slice of lemon now and rub it over the affected area of your carpet.
- Now, make sure to pour a generous amount of water over the carpet for covering the whole areas. Then, blot the water as much as you can with the help of a clean cloth.
- Let the carpet to dry now and the stain should no longer be there. Be sure to properly vacuum the carpet afterwards.
Here is another method that you can follow:
- First use a spoon or a knife and scrape off the remaining tomato sauce carefully that is still lurking on the carpet. Be sure to start from outside of the stain so that it doesn’t spread at all.
- Now, pour a generous amount of club soda on the affected area directly.
- You have to firmly press on the stain using the damp sponge so that the stain soaks up.
- Now use a clean paper towel and firmly press over the stain for absorbing the remaining liquid or the residues of tomato sauce.
- You have to mix 2 cold cups of water with 1 tablespoon liquid detergent.
- Now, soak a clean cloth in that solution and slowly blot the affected area.
- You have to rinse the carpet with cold water and then pat it dry with a clean towel
So, these are the two most effective methods of how to get tomato sauce out of carpet. You can try any one of these at home based on the availability of the materials in your house. Besides these, you can also try the method of hydrogen peroxide with cold water to remove a tomato sauce stain from the carpet. You can always seek out commercial carpet cleaners if the stain is old. The tomato sauce stain can be quite a stubborn one if you do not take action immediately. This is why it’s important to clean your carpet immediately. Hence it is very important to act fast and use these above mentioned methods to get the tomato sauce stains off.